INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS GUIDELINE
1. KTSFI has been authorized by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) to accept students per Order AAFS No. MCL-2008-197. International students should complete application a month before enrolment time for visa processing.
2. Procedure in the issuance of student visa abroad (Consulate Embassy of the Philippines) The following procedure shall be observed in the issuance of student visa abroad:
3. A foreign student communicates with his choice of any Philippine Higher Education Institution/school (HEI) authorized to accept foreign students and complies with the school’s institutional requirements, including submission of the documents listed under documentary requirements, including submission of the documents listed under documentary requirements except the police clearance and the medical certificates, which shall be submitted, directly to the Foreign Service Post (FSP).
4. The HEI, satisfied with the student’s compliance with its requirements, issues a Notice of Acceptance (NOA) to the student and submits a duplicate copy of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), together with a certified copy of the student’s Personal History Statement, proof of adequate financial support, and the student’s scholastics records. These documents shall be hand carried to the DFA by the HEI’s designated Liaison Officer.
5. The DFA endorses the documents to the FSP located in the student’s country of origin or residence for the issuance of the student visa. Requests for the issuance of visa in places other than the student’s country of origin shall not be entertained.
a. The FSP notifies the student of receipt of the documents and requests him to appear for interview before a consular officer, bringing his Notice of Acceptance (NOA). The Consular Officer shall confirm the student’s scholastic fitness for the program applied for and shall issue the student visa upon compliance with the consular requirements.
6. Upon the arrival in the Philippines, the student shall report immediately to the accepting HEI which shall assist him/her to obtain the Alien Certificate Registration (ACR) and Certificate of Residence for Temporary Students (CRTS) from the Bureau of Immigration (BI).
7. The DFA endorses the documents to the FSP located in the student’s country of origin or residence for the issuance of the student visa. Requests for the issuance of visa in places other than the student’s country of origin shall not be entertained.
8. KTSFI operates out of two-semestral period, the deadlines for accomplishing all the requirements of the application process, including securing a student visa to the Philippines are:
9. April 30th of the current year – in order for the 1st semester which starts in June-September 30 of the current year – in order to enroll for the 2nd semester, which starts in November.
10. Please allow sufficient time for the processing and transmission of the various documents required for study in the Philippines and in Koinonia Theological Seminary Foundation, Inc KTSFI).
Note: For prospective students who are already in the Philippines on a tourist visa, please note that the Bureau of Immigration gives the applicant anywhere from 21 to 59 days in order to accomplish all requirements for the conversion of the tourist visa to student visa. If the applicant is unable to meet the requirements within the period granted by the Bureau of immigration, the prospective student must apply for an extension of his/her visa.
Reminders from the Bureau of Immigration: To avoid the summary delay or denial of all the applicants (prospective student), please be advised of the following:
1. All sworn statement or affidavits must be duly notarized.
2. Documents executed outside the Philippines must be authenticated by the Phil. Embassy/ Consulate official of the Philippine Foreign Service Post (PFS) at the place of issuance or nearest to it, with English translation, if written in other foreign language. Any documents executed within the Philippines must duly certified by the offices having official custody of the originals.
3. All documents required for submission must be arranged in the order as listed hereunder; otherwise your application or petition cannot be processed immediately.